Now let's talk about cleaning and looking after your lashes. I know some of you are afraid to get them wet, wash them or are afraid to even touch them but you really should be more afraid of what can happen if you don't.
You do not need to wait 24 - 48hrs to get your lashes wet. Yes, you read that right. The main ingredient in lash adhesives is cyanoacrylate. This ingredient cures with moisture. During application the fumes and residue from the glue can stick to the skin around your eyes. Your lash technician should wash or rinse your lashes after application as this will remove any of this residue, reducing the risk of irritation and allergic reactions.
Dead skin cells, dirt, makeup and oil will build up in your lash line, so it is very important to give those beautiful lashes a wash with a lash cleanser specifically formulated for lash extensions. I would recommend washing your lashes every second to third day or if you wear a lot of makeup, daily. Not only will all this buildup cause the lash glue to become weak, resulting in pore retention, but you have a high chance of either getting an infection or cause your lash mites to become out of control. Yes, most of us have lash mites. These mites will feed off all our build up, whatever that build up might be and will become overgrown, overpopulate and become out of control. This will cause the eyes to become itchy, dry, red, and inflamed. The worst part is that these lash mites do not have an anus, so when they reach their size limit they will explode adding to the debris. Will you wash your lashes now?
Brush your lashes! Brushing your lash extensions morning, night & after getting them wet will prevent them from crisscrossing & sticking together. Brushing will also help them to last longer.
Avoid products containing oil. Oil will cause the lash adhesive to break down.
If wearing eye makeup, use an oil free makeup remover followed by your lash cleanser. Avoid rubbing sideways, always swipe downwards gently. It is very important to remember not to rub your lash extensions as you will cause your extensions to break from the friction.
Avoid sleeping on your face buried in the pillow. Cotton pillowcases tend to pull and rub at the base of the lashes causing them to fall out sooner. Try sleeping on a silk pillowcase, they cause less friction and they are also better for your skin & hair.
It is very important to get refills every 2 - 4 weeks to keep them looking fresh and full. Each individual lash has their own cycle. When each natural lash's life cycle is complete, it will shed taking the lash extension with them. Each lash is at a different stage in the lash cycle so you will be constantly losing lashes. We lose approx. 21 lashes per week, 63 lashes in 3 weeks.
Lash Aftercare Kit Includes:
- Oil Free Lash Foam Cleanser
- Cleansing Brush
- Mascara Wand in Tube
- The Coco & Camila Original Cloth
Oil Free Lash Foam Cleanser - is made from Natural Ingredients and does NOT contain oil, glycerine, glycerol, artificial colour, ethanol, parabens, synthetic or added fragrances and is vegan friendly. Pre-mixed and ready to use for your convenience.
How to use:
Apply cleanser onto finger tips or cleansing brush and gently massage into lashes, including the eyelid and base of lashes. Rinse thoroughly with water and pat dry.
Can be used on your entire face twice daily to remove make-up.
- Rosa Centifolia (Rose) Flower Water, Aqua (Water), Lauryl Betaine, Acrylates/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Phenethyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium PCA, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract
The Coco & Camila Original Cleansing Cloth - is specifically designed to remove makeup, gently exfoliate, unclog your pores without affecting the ph levels in your skin, and removes 99% of the bacteria from your skin.
- Ideal for sensitive skin types, or people who are not avid skin care users
- Reusable, washable cloth, more environmentally friendly than disposable wipes
- Chemical free
- Each cloth has a plush side to gently remove makeup and a dense side to buff and polish your skin
- Unique weave design means they are snag free and safe to use with eyelash extensions
- Reusable up to 1,000 times
- 2 x cloths per pack
- Measurements 20cm x 20cm each cloth
How to use:
Always make sure you wash your Coco & Camila Cleansing Cloth before use. Using the plush side of the cloth use gentle circular motions to wipe off your makeup including mascara. Our cloths are safe to use with eyelash extensions and you can be assured of a snag-free cleansing experience.
Using the dense side of the cloth you can now gently buff and polish your skin. Our Cleansing Cloths are perfect for those with sensitive skin, or if you want a simple, chemical-free skin care regime that doesn't affect the ph balance of your skin. Follow this up with your favourite serum or moisturiser.
Taking care of your Coco will help increase the lifespan of your cloth while also maintaining the softness and effectiveness of your cloth. Follow these simple steps to get the most out of your Coco & Camila Cleansing Cloth:
1. After every use, ensure you rinse the makeup off your cloth with warm soapy water.
2. Hang out to dry after every wash; a bathroom hook or towel rail is the perfect place to hang your Coco & Camila Cleansing Cloth.
3. Machine wash your Coco & Camila Cleansing Cloth in a Coco & Camila Wash Bag a maximum of 3 times per week to increase the lifespan of your cloth.
4. Do not use fabric softener as it will leave a coating on your cloth that may reduce the effectiveness of the cloth.
5. Always air dry your Coco & Camila Cleansing Cloth out of direct sunlight.