WINNER - 2017 Byrdie / Curated Beauty Awards for Best Exfoliant for Dry Skin
Gently exfoliate away rough skin & dead skin cells to reveal a brighter, clearer, softer complexion. Non-abrasive, suitable for sensitive skin, & helps control breakouts too. This scrub smells oh-so-good & turns frowns upside-down!
Who needs to exfoliate?
Exfoliation can help out with a whole bundle of skin issues - so pretty much anyone who is old enough to have a skincare routine can get some skin benefits from exfoliating.
But always remember – being gentle is the key!
Exfoliating can help with:
- Clearing blemished skin (however you CAN’T scrub away a blemish – if you scrub too hard you’ll end up with scarring!)
- Fading scars (including marks left over from old blemishes)
- Reducing clogged pores
- Removing scaly or flaky areas if you have dry skin
- Making your skin glow
- Softening rough skin on your hands and feet
- It can even help with ingrown hairs
Why Dark Brown Sugar?
To send those dead skin cells packing all you need to do is to bring in the big brown sugar guns once or twice a week. Gently exfoliating with a sugar scrub breaks down the glue that is holding your dead skin cells together and gives them their marching orders.
Even with its fall from grace in the food world and being blamed for all things unhealthy, as a skin exfoliator it’s truly remarkable.
- It’s a natural humectant which draws moisture into your skin.
- It has a natural glycolic acid content which is an alpha hydroxy acid – the great dead skin cell slayer.
- Dark brown sugar contains molasses. It not only smells delicious it has awesome levels of skin loving manganese, magnesium, potassium, iron and vitamin B6.
- It’s gentler than a salt for exfoliating. Because each sugar crystal has rounded edges it can be used on all skin types. It also dissolves easily in water so if you find the sugar a bit much just add a little water to soften the scrubbing effect.
Meet the Spoonful of Sugar Exfoliating Scrub
Naturally we couldn’t let that awesome dark brown sugar be a solo superstar so we added some friends into the mix.
- MSM adds some beauty sulphur the already long list of skin loving minerals.
- Bamboo is a super-fine, eco-friendly gentle exfoliation aid. It works hand in hand with the sugar to slough away those pesky dead skin cells.
- Cucumber Oil cools, soothes and calms. It is high in phytosterols and tocopherols. So while the sugar is kicking the dead skins out, cucumber oil is giving a helping hand by nourishing the new cells.
- Australian Made and Owned
- 100% natural
- Cruelty Free
- Not tested on animals
- Toxin Free
- proud members of 1% for the Planet, donating 1% of our wholesale sales to helping the planet.
How to Use:
Mix a small amount in your hands with a few drops of water to partially dissolve. Massage into your face & neck (or hands & feet). For a stronger scrub use less water, and for a softer scrub use more water. Wash off with warm water and a soft cloth or Konjac sponge. Pat dry with a towel. Use 1-2 times per week. Follow with your favourite Happy Skincare toner & moisturiser. Store below 30 degrees C away from direct sunlight. Discontinue use if irritation occurs. Use clean, dry fingers & keep out of shower to prevent moisture from dissolving your precious sugar scrub!